The term "Video Starter Kit" refers to this application is due to the fact that it actually extended from video application developed in 2007 for targetting video application development for asp.net platform.
However its now emerg as complete solution with more than 18 core sections and more than one thousand basic and advance features togather can be used as a full flege feature rich social media and content sharing website.
Key core sections include
- Albums (Videos, Audio, Photos)
- Social Features (Friend Listing)
- Wiki / Glossary
- and more
Each core feature can be act as single application or being part of complete solution.
You can developed, generate lots of solutions from single one including
- Videos + Photos
- Videos + Audio
- Photos + Albums
- Video + Albums
- Q&A + Forum
- Q&A + Forum + Blogs
- Blogs + Photos + Albums
- Blogs + Glossary
- and lots more
You can extend / being part of same solution with other core sections e.g
- Ecommerce solution with (Blogs for news, Glossary for term listing, Forums for community / discussion)
- Classified solution with (Blogs for news, Q&A for frequently asked questions)
- Dating applicatin with (social features -> friend listing, external messaging system, channels, advance channel searching and profiling)
- and lots more.
So all core features available in asp.net video starter kit can be act as single application or can be used as an assistance for making hundreds of other applications.
ASP.NET Video Starter Kit 8.0
ASP.NET Video Starter Kit 8.0 will not only support traditional ADO.NET data access layer but it also have versions for latest data access technologies including
- Entity Framework 6.0 or later
- ADO.NET (MVC version not supported)
Now each video starter kit application to be shipped with three data access layer technologies, but each bundle will support one data access layer at a time.
ASP.NET Video Starter Kit 8.0 support both Web Form and MVC projects. Due to fully changed architecture, it will be released after few weeks.
ASP.NET Video Starter Kit Complete Reference