ASP.NET Video Starter Kit support two of core Amazon features listed below for storing and streaming media (videos, audio files) over the web.
Amazon S3 provides a simple way to store and retrieve any amount of data including media files at any time, from anywhere on the web.
Amazon CloudFront delivers your static and streaming content using a global network of edge locations. Requests for your objects are automatically routed to the nearest edge location, so content is delivered with the best possible performance.
List of features added in ASP.NET Video Starter Kit for storing media on cloud servers.
- 1: Upload the following media files once video uploading and publishing completes.
- Published Video File
- Original Video File (if admin allow preserving video files)
- Video thumbs
- Once uploaded, delete all media files from local server.
- 2: Delete media files from cloud server if admin or user want to delete video from website.
- 3: Load video thumbs from cloud server to load on galleries.
- 4: Amazon CloudFront Streaming Distribution to stream published video from cloud server via Adobe Flash Media Streaming Serverusing RTMP protocol. This protocol support progressive download and streaming videos on flash players and html5 compatible players like youtube.com
How to enable Amazon Cloud Storage in ASP.NET Video Starter Kit
You can do the following steps to enable cloud storage in your ASP.NET Video Starter Kit application.
- 1: Register for Amazon Storage Services.
- 2: You will get Amazon access key, secret key information.
- 3: Under Amazon S3, create three buckets for storing media files,
- 1: One bucket for storing published videos (mp4 or flash flv)
- 2: One bucket for storing original videos (if required)
- 3: One bucket for storing video thumbs.
- 4: Go to Amazon CloudFront and create one streaming distribution for published video bucket.
- 5: Now go to cloud settings and provide all required information and also you must enabled cloud storage feature.
Amazon CloudFront Streaming Distribution support
- Streaming mp4 & flash flv videos.
- Streaming via adobe flash media streaming server 3.5
- Streaming videos via RTMP protocol