20 January 2010
Embedding videos is the powerful way to manage and share videos and increase your website visibility on the web.
You can use Video Starter Kit - Advance Edition as a complete web application for managing, sharing and streaming embedded videos in ASP.NET.
Video Starter Kit support three types of content management.
- Site Videos: In this case only site videos will be allowed to be manage on website.
- Embedded Videos: In this case only third party videos via embedded script to be allowed on website.
- Both: In this case both site videos and third party videos allowed to be managed on website.
Embedding videos has lots of advantages.
- No disk space uses.
- No special encoding tool or sdk requires.
- No bandwidth consumes while streaming videos.
- Site performance maintain.
You can create embedded video solution for
- Managing your own contents, e.g upload on youtube and keep preserve on your own website.
- Create and manage collection of videos, e.g cars, fashion, celebrity, phones etc.
- and lots of other usages.
Setting up embedding option:
You can set embedded option in Video Starter Kit - Advance Edition by following the following steps.
- Go to control panel - > configuration.
- Click on Advance tab and choose "Video Uploading Option" as "Embed Videos".
- Click on update button to save your changes.