From first launched of ASP.NET Video Starter Kit we used ADO.NET as core data access technology for both SQL Server and MySql database management system. Now due to increasing popularity and emerging of new data access technologies we are extending support for two more data access techologies for our all web related products.
Now after version 8.0 of all our products, each product will support the following data access technologies but one at single project.
- ADO.NET (web form project and along with mysql.data connector for mysql database support). It doesn't support MVC projects
- NHibernate (web form and MVC version)
- Entity Framework 6.0 (web form and MVC version)
To keep it simple, each product will support only single data access layer in one solution at a time. e.g no product have all three solutions in one project. So each bundle will be shipped with three projects based on availability or if officially released.
Each project have restrictions e.g
- Entity Framework can only be used with SQL Server Database.
- ADO.NET can't be available in MVC version of product, means on MySQL support directly. For MySQL you can use NHibernate as database layer in MVC projects