ASP.NET Video Starter Kit features can be configured from two areas.
i: web.config file
ii: control panel
From web.config file you can set various settings that can apply on whole application. Main settings include
i: App Settings
- url : complete url of domain (default "/")
- matchurl : complete url of comain (must be fully qualified url not "/") -> used in rare areas where url validation needed.
- SiteTheme : default (united) -> set default theme for website.
- Member_Account_Upgrade_Type : default (1) only be used if packages enabled or supported by application. (0: Normal Membership (Credits, Space and Upload Restrictions), 1: Membership Subscriptions (Time Based, Auto Renewal)
- Member_Account_Upgrade_Redirect : default (0) only be used if packages enable or supported by application (0: Redirect User To MyAccount After Registeration, 1: Redirect User To Upgrade Account Section After Registeration)
- Paypal_Live_Status : default (0) 0: Sandbox Mode, 1: Live Mode
- JWPlayerKey : Jw Player pro key if videos or audio feature enabled and JW Player to be used as default player
- Disqus_ShortName : (channel name on disqus) if you are preferring to use disqus comment system instead of website own
- DatabaseOption (default : 0), 0: SQL Server, 1: MySQL (contact support team if you want to use mysql as DBMS)
- Setup database connectionstring here. specially for SQL Server
- For adjusting file size limitation and other settings
- For adjusting url rewrite rules
- For sending mails from website.
Control Panel Configurations:
From control panel, site administrator can configure all features, settings and user level restrictions. There are more than 200 configurations and settings which can be difficult to write detail but list of core section of configuration include
- General Configurations
- Media Configurations
- Feature Configurations
- Social Configurations
- Cloud Configurations
- Server Configurations
- Data Screening Configurations
- IP Log Management
- Error Log Reporting
- Language Configurations
- User Role Configurations
- and more