ASP.NET Video Starter Kit - Mail Engine
Sending mail from website when some event or action occurs is one of the most important factor to keep intact users and administrators with each other about activities happening within web site.
It may be in the form of
- notification about registration processes completed or profile updated
- validation on mail about certain activities within website e.g (registration validation, friend invitation, group invitations etc)
- and more.
mail processing, customization and management is one of the most compicated approach in web application as there are hundreds of activities require sending mail to external mail engines and it may more complicated if user or admin use project for two or more different domains with different approaches.
Video Starter Kit introduced centralize way to manage and customize mail templates. Administrator can access mail template section within control panel under settings / mail templates section.
There are various templates available which can be easily customize using editor. Detail is shown through screenshot.
Tips for Customizing Mail Template:
The tags display in "Allowable Tags" section can be used same it is while writing mail template. e.g for registration mail, the following tags available
Tags : [username] , [password], [key_url]
These tags translated to actualy data after mail processing e.g
[username] -> translated to username of user for which mail will be send e.g tommy01
[username] you are successfully registered with us.
will be translated to
Tommy01 you are successfully registered with us.
You can write any level of mail, when you need.
Some points regarding mail processing engine.
- It can only work on mail templates which is currently available in list. Admin can't add more templates programatically. If you want to add more templates consult with support or visit our group.
- You can only use dynamic data which is available under allowable tags. You need to customize core function to add more tags. e.g if you want to show [dateofbirth], [country] etc, you need to add it in core function.
Core Function Location:
Core function for each mail template located on pages / modules / classes from where it is used. e.g Registration mail template core function avilable at Register.aspx.cs or .vb file.
Video Starter Kit
- Facebook Auto Login
- Autocomplete Search System
- Multi Server Implementation
- Like Dislike Module
- User Channels
- Photo Gallery Previews
- Group Content Sharing
- MyAccount Management
- User Role Management
- Tags Management
- Category Management
- Comments Management
- Http Psuedo Streaming
- Silverlight WMV streaming
- Embed Videos
- Youtube SDK
- Video Publishing
- Friends Management
- Messaging Board
- Playlist Management
- Advertisement Management
- Pagination Management
- Error Handling & Reporting
- Adult Warning
- Abuse / Spam Reporting
- Cache Management
- Content Screening
- Dictionary Management
- Mail Processing
- Ban IP