ASP.NET Video Starter Kit - Youtube DATA SDK
Youtube Data API allow users to incorporate youtube functionality into their own applications or websites. The Data API allows a program to perform many of the operations available on the YouTube website. It is possible to search for videos, retrieve standard feeds, and see related content.
The Data API gives you programmatic access to the video and user information stored on YouTube. With this, you can personalize your site or application with the user's existing information as well as perform actions on their behalf (like commenting on and rating videos.)
Youtube DATA API in ASP.NET Video Starter Kit
ASP.NET Video Starter Kit support Youtube Data API for fetching videos and their information from youtube and store it within your own website.
It is introduced in ASP.NET Video Starter Kit 5.5 and support vast variety of ways to fetch videos from youtube via youtube data api. All youtube video information will be processed and store within video kit information means video will be streamed from youtube via embed script while rest of all information will be fetched within video starter kit.
- Fetch videos based on youtube categories e.g (Science & Technology)
- Fetch videos based on youtube user e.g (fetch your own videos from youtube)
- Fetch videos based on search terms. work on all categories or selected category.
- Fetch videos based on filters e.g today, this week, this month, all time added videos
- Fetch videos based on orders e.g published, relevance, top rated, most viewed etc
- Automatically fetch videos once new videos added in youtube.
- Fetch videos to be store / assign within website own categories.
- Store videos directly or need admin review before appear in public
- Mark your favorite videos as featured videos.
- Update and delete fetch video information once stored.
- Assign all fetch videos to user within website.
- Advance video tag processing engine allow you to process each and every youtube video tags in a scalable way, create search suggestions and add it in tag clouding after admin review.
- Optionally allow admin to create and update blog posts from any video.
Enabling Youtu Data API in Video Starter Kit
You need to perform the following steps in order to enable youtube data api on asp.net video starter kit solution.
- Register Youtube API developer key at http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/dashboard/
- Put registered developer key and name of website under control panel / configuration / youtube sdk / section or visit configuration section for more detail.
- Go to video/Default.aspx and replace current video player with youtube customized player located at modules/ytplayer.ascx
- Go to video/Default.aspx.cs or .vb file and adjust ytPlayer.ascx properties and
comment default player properties.
e.g player1.Embed_Script = _script;
- That's it, go to control panel / youtube sdk section and start fetching videos from youtube.
Watch Preview On Youtube Video
Video Starter Kit
- Facebook Auto Login
- Autocomplete Search System
- Multi Server Implementation
- Like Dislike Module
- User Channels
- Photo Gallery Previews
- Group Content Sharing
- MyAccount Management
- User Role Management
- Tags Management
- Category Management
- Comments Management
- Http Psuedo Streaming
- Silverlight WMV streaming
- Embed Videos
- Youtube SDK
- Video Publishing
- Friends Management
- Messaging Board
- Playlist Management
- Advertisement Management
- Pagination Management
- Error Handling & Reporting
- Adult Warning
- Abuse / Spam Reporting
- Cache Management
- Content Screening
- Dictionary Management
- Mail Processing
- Ban IP